Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oh Come On NOW!

Wow... I've been kickin' myself for being a slacker for the past few weeks yet I been getting all these messages from friends on Facebook I haven't seen in a while telling me how my pictures and blog is an inspiration for them.  I get the constant, give me a diet, I want to lose weight but I hate the gym...and of course the classic, but I don't really eat that much... Well all these are a no no to get that body you want cause...

TRUTH IS...there is no MAGIC diet, trick or pill that will get that weight off and make you look fit or toned...you must put in the WORK!!!  It's all about consistency and combination of diet and training.  When I say diet I don't mean those fad diets-ATKINS, juice diets, or starving yourself eating one meal a day diets!  I am talking about eating CLEAN, eating 5-6 times a day to rev up your metabolism, incorporating protein, healthy fats and good carbs into your day.  And when I say TRAINING I mean a combination of cardio and resistance training.  No need to spend hours upon hours on the treadmill...30-60 min at least 4 x a week is good enough and be sure to change it up, treadmill, step-mill, bicycle, etc.  I love doing 20-30 minutes of HIIT on the treadclimber, mixing it up with intervals of walking/lunges on an incline, running, side running and so on.  I also like to mix up the machines with plyometrics to get that HR up! 

Resistance training Chicas, I can not stress this enough!!!
Contrary to popular belief, lifting (HEAVY) weights will NOT bulk you up or make you look like a MAN!!!! Weights are going to sculpt that body you want, believe me, I know! I am still a work in progress, but I have seen amazing changes in my body because of lifting! (I LOOOOVE IT!). 



FYI-----
 From Bo Shin, ON/ABB Sponsored Athlete, Content Editor/Host at Fashion|One TV
"What burns more fat? Running on the treadmill at a steady pace for a given time, or doing 1/2 an hour of weight training?

Running will burn more calories at the moment (perhaps 300 calories for 1/2 hour) but a 1/2 hour session will have you burning more calories throughout the day. Your body needs to repair itself from the muscle damage done from weight training, so your body burns more calories for an extended time. Also, the more muscle you have the more your body will metabolize fat and increase your caloric effectiveness. So pump it up!!! :)

Happy Holidays Chicas!!! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment